What Is a Core?
A core is a cylindrical sample taken in different sizes from the depth of the earth in high depths. Distinct geological analysis like reservoir rock properties, permeability, porosity and percentages of oil, water and underground water are then applied to such cores.
- Analysis of Reservoir Rock
- Awareness on the Existence of Oil and Gas
- Degree of Permeability
- Porosity and permeability of the reservoir rock
- Knowledge on the presence of natural fractures in the rock layers
- Productivity of the reservoir under investigation
Conventional coring operations are done using a series of special equipment, including:
- Core Head
- Outer Tube
- Inner Barrel
- Safety Joint
- Catcher Assembly
These services are performed by NPC (Nadin Petro Core Kish Co.).
The web site of Nadin Petro Core Kish is: www.npckish.com